Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with automatic tape recycling

2014-06-27 10:27:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with automatic tape recycling
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Helge Hinkelmann <hinkelmann AT doctronic DOT de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:25:59 -0400
> As far as I know the directive "Volume Use Duration" in the pool should
> overwrite any given longer periods in other directives.
>
> I receive this error info:
> "Cannot automatically recycle current volume, as it still contains
> unpruned data or the Volume Retention time has not expired"
>
> I don't get this, with the directives "AutoPrune" and "Volume Retention"
> this should not happen...
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe the error message is telling you the truth. I mean "Volume
Retention time has not expired".

post the output of list media for the volume in question.

Also remember that changing the pool definition in bacula-dir.conf
does nothing to change the retention period of existing volumes. You
need to reload the config in bconsole then update pool from resource
and then update all volumes in pool

John