Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem with automatic tape recycling

2014-06-27 10:11:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem with automatic tape recycling
From: Helge Hinkelmann <hinkelmann AT doctronic DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:49:17 +0200
Hi there,

I'd like to recycle our 4 weekly (differential) backup tapes automatic,
but it does not work. I'd appreciate any help.

After studying the documentation and the error reports, I have no clue
what's the problem.

My relevant Config:

bacula-dir 5.2.6:
  Pool {
AutoPrune = yes
Recycle Current Volume = yes
Maximum Volumes = 1
Volume Use Duration = 5 days
Volume Retention = 25 days
}

As far as I know the directive "Volume Use Duration" in the pool should
overwrite any given longer periods in other directives.

I receive this error info:
"Cannot automatically recycle current volume, as it still contains
unpruned data or the Volume Retention time has not expired"

I don't get this, with the directives "AutoPrune" and "Volume Retention"
this should not happen...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Helge