Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job keeps waiting on storage daemon

2014-06-17 03:10:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job keeps waiting on storage daemon
From: altiris <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 09:32:09 -0700
I have been trying to setup bacula so that it will perform 2 backup jobs. One
to backup a folder in a user's home folder and another to backup an entire
partition. Each time I try to run one of the two backup jobs (via webmin) it
says it has started but when I go to the director status it outputs
"BackupGame_Servers   114     Incremental     is waiting on Storage
Game_Servers". Where BackupGame_Servers is the job name, 114 I believe is the
job number, Incremental is the type of backup, and Storage Game_Servers is the
Storage Daemon it is using. When i try to run the other backup job I also get a
"is waiting on Storage daemon _____". The backups are set to be stored on on
separate partition and in separate folders in that partition. I don't see why
this is doing this. I use a different storage device, storage daemon, volume
pool, and backup schedule to keep everything organized. I posted my config
files to better show/explain and eliminate the possibilities of errors.

Backup job A (BackupGame_Servers)

/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
Client {
  Name = bacula-server1
  Password = mypasswordhere
  Address = sysdomain.server1.com
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months
}
FileSet {
  Name = Game_Servers
  Include {
    File = /home/games/Servers
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
  }
}
Storage {
  Name = Game_Servers
  Password = mypasswordhere
  Address = sysdomain.server1.com
  SDPort = 9103
  Device = Game_Servers_Backup
  Media Type = GameServerBackup
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}
Job {
  Name = BackupGame_Servers
  Type = Backup
  Client = bacula-server1
  FileSet = Game_Servers
  Schedule = WeeklyCycle_Daily
  Storage = Game_Servers
  Pool = File_Game_Servers
  Messages = Standard
  Level = Incremental
}
Job {
  Name = RestoreGame_Servers
  Type = Restore
  Client = bacula-server1
  FileSet = Game_Servers
  Storage = Game_Servers
  Pool = File_Game_Servers
  Messages = Standard
}
Schedule {
  Name = WeeklyCycle_Daily
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=File_Game_Servers sun-sat at 2:00
}
Pool {
  Name = File_Game_Servers
  Pool Type = Backup
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Recycle = yes
  Au
toPrune = yes
}

Schedule {
  Name = WeeklyCycle_Daily
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=File_Game_Servers sun-sat at 2:00
}

/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
Device {
  Name = Game_Servers_Backup
  Archive Device = /media/496GB_Filesystem/Backups/server1/Game_Servers_Backups
  Media Type = GameServerBackup
  Device Type = File
  Random Access = yes
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = no
  AlwaysOpen = no
  LabelMedia = yes
}

Backup Job B (BackupRoot)

/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
FileSet {
  Name = Root
  Include {
    File = /
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
  }
  Exclude {
    File = /tmp
    File = /media
  }
}
Pool {
  Name = File_Root
  Pool Type = Backup
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
}
Storage {
  Name = Root
  Password = mypasswordhere
  Address = sysdomain.server1.com
  SDPort = 9103
  Device = Root_Backup
  Media Type = RootBackup
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}
Job {
  Name = BackupRoot
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = bacula-server1
  FileSet = Root
  Schedule = WeeklyCycle_Sundays
  Storage = Root
  Pool = File_Root
  Messages = Standard
  Enabled = No
}

Schedule {
  Name = WeeklyCycle_Sundays
  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=File_Root 1st-5th mon at 2:00
}

/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf

Device {
  Name = Root_Backup
  Archive Device = /media/496GB_Filesystem/Backups/server1/Full_System_Backups
  Media Type = RootBackup
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = yes
  AutomaticMount = yes