Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volume not recycling?

2014-06-02 08:52:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volume not recycling?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Ana Emília M. Arruda" <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 14:49:24 +0200
Hello,

Just one tip: if you use a Volume Use Duration as many people do, please ensure that it is not an exact multiple of 24 hours.  Otherwise, at some point you will have several jobs that start, the first gets Volume 001, then the second starts and the Volume 001 is recycled (usually on some interval of 24 hours) and the second job get very confused.

If you specify a use duration of say 20-23 hours, this problem (race condition) will be avoided.

Regards,
Kern