Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bootstrap file - director move

2014-06-02 08:46:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bootstrap file - director move
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Florian Baumgartner <bfloriang AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 14:43:36 +0200
Hello,

Basically bootstrap files permit rapid recovery of a particular backup (or in some cases a partial backup).  It is a small ASCII file that gives the SD instructions for a restore.

Bootstrap files created in the working directory, should in most cases be automatically deleted by Bacula.  In fact, on start up of the director, it will delete any bootstrap files (if I remember correctly) that it finds in the working directory.

However, if you are writing out bsr files with each backup (hopefully you are doing this particularly for your catalog backup), you will likely want to make those files available in the new director instance.

Best regards,
Kern