Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] latest bacula client (bacula-fd) for Windows

2014-04-25 09:54:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] latest bacula client (bacula-fd) for Windows
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:49:25 -0600
> I keep hearing talk of "old community code" which makes it sound like the
>Win32 support has become proprietary.

It does sound as if Bacula will eventually become the world's hardest to
install, pay-for backup solution. Not that I blame Bacula for going closed
source: money is a strong motivator.

However, I think without open source Windows clients people won't take the
considerable time it takes to learn how to install Bacula, and they will
turn to other solutions.

Compiling and maintaining the client must take a lot of work, but hasn't the
community provided free testing and bug reporting all these years and made
Bacula what it is today? That should be worth something.

Looks I'm going to be using 5.2.13 for a long time...