Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] No automatic labeling of new Bacula volume file on remote storage daemon

2014-04-08 10:04:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] No automatic labeling of new Bacula volume file on remote storage daemon
From: Hans van Leeuwen <hans.van.leeuwen AT cordeo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 15:32:00 +0200
Hi,

On our Ubuntu system with the name "backup01" Bacula 5.2.5 is installed.
The Baluca daemons bacula-dir, bacula-fd and bacula-sd run on this systems.
The bacula daemon Bacula-fd (bacula file daemon) run also on a 35 numerical client systems.
The bacula-sd on system backup01 create volumes files with a prefix and a number as suffix like "shares_0049" and fill them with backup data.
As soon as the volume reached the size of 500GB automatic a new volume file is created with the same prefix and a new number as suffix like "shares_0057".
This works correct.
Now we installed on an other system with the name "apps08" also the bacula-sd (storage daemon).
We configured Bacula on such a way that the backup volume of one Bacula client (with name ratelaar) is located on that (remote) system apps08.
The bacula-sd on the system apps08 create indeed a volume file on system apps08 and fill it with backup data.
However the name of the volume file on systems apps08 only consists of the prefix without a number as suffix.
As soon as this volume file reached the size of 500GB no new volume file is created but we get an E-mail with the next content:

Subject: Bacula: Intervention needed for rate_backup
06-Apr 18:49 apps08-sd JobId 25734: Job rate_backup.2014-04-06_01.00.01_00 is waiting.
Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for:
Storage: "backup_on_apps08" (/media/usb/backup)
Pool: rate_doc
Media type: File

The whole backup of all clients stops (in the middle of the night) until we a "label" manually a new volume on system apps08.

How can I configure Bacula on such a way that it autocratic create a new volume file (with a number as suffix) on system apps08 as soon as the current one is full?

Below a (part) of bacula-dir.conf on system backuk01:
Job {
Name = rate_backup
Type = Backup
Level = Incremental
Client = ratelaar-fd
FileSet = documentation
Schedule = standaard
Storage = apps08
Pool = rate_doc
Messages = Standard
}
Storage {
Name = apps08
Password = eOVrYPlRbgfD6KHL6kUgqNe4knFVl6-W-I2
Address = 192.168.100.18
SDPort = 9103
Device = backup_on_apps08
Media Type = File
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Below the "bacula-sd.conf" file on system apps08:
Storage {
Name = apps08-sd
SDPort = 9103
WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
SDAddress = 0.0.0.0
}

Director {
Name = apps08-dir
Password = "eOVrYKof7A6mqwerUgqNe4knFVl6-W-I2"
}

Director {
Name = backup01-dir
Password = "eOVrYKof7A6mqwerUgqNe4knFVl6-W-I2"
}

Director {
Name = apps08-mon
Password = "shQEBQLcn8tgHjbDfcToCA9vfaZJNxsZp"
Monitor = yes
}

Messages {
Name = Standard
director = apps08-dir = all
}

Device {
Name = backup_on_apps08
Archive Device = /media/usb/backup
Media Type = File
LabelMedia = yes
Maximum File Size = 500GB
Random Access = yes
AutomaticMount = yes
RemovableMedia = no
AlwaysOpen = no
}

Kind regards.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best Regards,
Hans van Leeuwen
System manager

Telfordstraat 36 | 8013 RM Zwolle | The Netherlands
T +31 (0)38 466 9420 | hans.van.leeuwen AT cordeo DOT com
www.cordeo.com

Chamber of Commerce Zwolle 05078185
This is an e-mail message from Cordeo B.V. The information contained in
this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. Use of this communication by others is
prohibited.
If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please destroy it
without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other
person.
We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which
are communicated by electronic mail.