Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Question about PoolUncopiedJobs selection

2014-04-04 04:21:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Question about PoolUncopiedJobs selection
From: Gary Cowell <gary.cowell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 09:19:05 +0100
Hello

I have bacula backing up to networked storage.

For offsite storage once a week I run a PoolUncopiedJobs job to copy
the uncopied FULL pool jobs to USB drives for going offsite, job is :

JobDefs {
Name = CopyDiskToUSB
Type = Copy
Messages = Standard
Client = None
FileSet = None
Selection Type = PoolUncopiedJobs
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
#Storage = File
SpoolData = No
Allow Duplicate Jobs = Yes
Cancel Queued Duplicates = No
Cancel Running Duplicates = No
Priority = 13
}
Job {
Name = CopyDiskToUSBFullBackups
Enabled = Yes
Schedule = MondayMorning
Pool = FullPool
JobDefs = CopyDiskToUSB
Priority = 6       # complete these before incrementals
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
}

Pool {
  Name = FullPool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  Recycle Pool = FullPool
  AutoPrune = yes
  Storage = FullFileStorage
  Volume Retention = 3 weeks
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 100G
  Maximum Volumes = 40
  LabelFormat = "FULL_"
  Next Pool = Offsite
  Action On Purge = Truncate
}

And this works, the FULL pool jobs get copied to the Offsite pool,

BUT ...

There are times, for one reason or another, perhaps the USB enclosure
has a problem, or some other reason, doesn't matter what it is, that
the uncopied jobs don't copy.

This creates a problem because next time the FULL backups happen, we
end up with /even more/ uncopied jobs to copy, then there isn't enough
time, or USB storage to do them all, but we don't really want the
'stale' uncopied jobs, we only need the latest FULL jobs.

So can we either

A) only select the Most Recent FULL backup for copying with this method or

B) run something (sql?) to mark all current Uncopied jobs as COPIED so
they don't get selected next time?

Either one will do. Option A would be better, as we'd know which
weren't copied, but practically speaking, either works.

Or, something else to achieve the same?

Thanks