Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: Failed to Connect to Storage daemon File

2013-12-09 02:55:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: Failed to Connect to Storage daemon File
From: Juraj Sakala <juraj.sakala AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:52:24 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Failed to Connect to Storage daemon File
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:51:05 +0100
From: Juraj Sakala <juraj.sakala AT gmail DOT com>
To: Prout, Richard Alun <richard.prout AT hp DOT com>
CC: Drew, John (HPSD, Bristol) <john.drew AT hp DOT com>,  Saw, Philip
<phil.saw AT hp DOT com>, Grimwood, Malcolm <malcolm.grimwood AT hp DOT com>,
Pang,
Peter (OEM - Bristol UK) <peter.pang AT hp DOT com>

Hi,

If you are using FQDN (like micd3.gbr.hp.com-sd) you must be able to
resolve this name via DNS. Director and File Daemon connects to this
host an if the FQDN is not resolvable Director and File Daemon are not
able to connect to Storage Daemon.

Try to replace micd3.gbr.hp.com-sd with 16.24.171.151 in bacula-dir.conf
storage resource.
Address = 16.24.171.151

I think it will be sufficient.

Juraj