Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ****SPAM(7.5)**** Re: Why bacula does not mark job as failed after "Write error" on tape drive?

2013-12-06 06:02:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ****SPAM(7.5)**** Re: Why bacula does not mark job as failed after "Write error" on tape drive?
From: Andrey Lyarskiy <alyarskiy AT stacksoft DOT ru>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:59:41 +0400
On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:14:25 +0100
Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:

Hello, Kern! Thank you for explanation.
And - yes, I do know the difference between "may not" and "not" =)

It is a bit strange - at the moment of error bacula "knows" what job
is being running but the only warning is in log-file.

Of course log file can be periodically parsed, but why not to mark job
with warning flag as at this point we can not be sure is job valid or not.