Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula + overland neo 400s + 2 drives

2013-08-27 08:50:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula + overland neo 400s + 2 drives
From: Téïcée Bacula <baculafr AT teicee DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:47:33 +0200
Hi Guillaume

Le 27/08/2013 14:03, giggzounet a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> we have an overland neo 400s with 1 drive. I have installed and
> configured bacula. It works out of the box.
Good to know :-)

> In the overland neo 400s this is possible to add several drives. How
> will bacula handle that ?
Well, I would say: very well !

> If we have 2 drives, will bacula be able to do a parallel backup ?
Yes you can tune bacula to run several backups on several drives. You
can also do several backups at the same time on the same drive...
> mean : we have to backup 15 Tera on tapes. With a drive we need 1 day
> and 11 hours. What will bacula do with 2 drive in the tape library ?
Well if you have two drives around 120MB/s, then yes 36 hours for 15TB /
1 drive and then at least 7,5h with two drives. Now you may also
consider to spread your 15TB during the week... and then only 2 to 3TB a
day will save you money (one drive) and time (around 7h to back up 3TB
on a 120MB/s drive).

Having two drives will let you able to restore data during backups...
Regards
Greg.