Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Missing directory metadata (BUMP: weird directory timestamps)

2013-08-14 14:37:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Missing directory metadata (BUMP: weird directory timestamps)
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:34:54 +0100

> Recap:
> my fileset includes a list of directories to back up:
> /some/place/dir1
> /some/place/else/dir2
> /some/place/dir3
>
> In the backup, dir1, dir2, and dir3, and files in them have correct
> sizes, ownership, permissions, and timestamps.
>
> Their parent directories: /some, /some/place, /some/place/else, etc.
> have 0s for all of that: owned by root:root, permissions 000, timestamp
> @ 6pm 1969-12-31.
>
> Is that a bug and can that be fixed? Any takers?

This is the expected behaviour if you don't include /some etc in the backup.
You work around it with something similar to this the fileset below.  The
first four wilddir options include the parents, the fifth wilddir option backs
up the wanted files and the exclude option prevents other files from being
included.

FileSet {
        Name = cherrypickandparents
  Include {
     Options {
        wilddir = "/tmp/test-files/dirtest"
        wilddir = "/tmp/test-files/dirtest/dir1"
        wilddir = "/tmp/test-files/dirtest/dir1/subdir"
        wilddir = "/tmp/test-files/dirtest/dir1/subdir/innerdir"
        wild = "/tmp/test-files/dirtest/dir1/subdir/innerdir/*"
     }
     Options {
        Exclude = yes
        wild = "*"