Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] weird directory timestamps

2013-08-06 16:29:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] weird directory timestamps
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 15:08:51 -0500
Hi everyone,

I've just noticed an undesirable side-effect in my setup -- I'm
attaching screenshots of bat's restore window b/c it's faster than
trying to figure out how to get this data from the database or bconsole.

In topdir.png: /opt and everything in it has correct permissions and
timestamps. But /home has the magic timestamp 1969-12-31 and permisions
000. So do subdirectories under /home 3 levels down -- see subdir.png.
Directories where the actual files are have the right stuff.

The reason is presumably in my FileSet:
File = "\\|sh -c 'find /home \\( -name fid -o -name ser \\) -mtime +1
-exec dirname \\{} \\; | sort | uniq'"
-- and the reason I'm doing that these are binary files that get
appended to over several days, and backing them up before they're closed
is a waste of space.

So, does anyone know of a way to backup
- only the directories that have files with specific names that haven't
been recently modified,
- *and retain the timestamps and permissions on their parent directories* ?

Any suggestions?
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin