Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Xattrsupport only store one value

2013-04-17 13:25:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Xattrsupport only store one value
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Iban Cabrillo <cabrillo AT ifca.unican DOT es>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 21:18:28 +0400
On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:14:12 +0200
Iban Cabrillo <cabrillo AT ifca.unican DOT es> wrote:

> Dear,
>   Today I am a little prolific.
>
>    I am trying to backup the extended attributes for some of my
> files, (the are three attributes stored size, create-time and md5)
>
> FileSet {
>         Name = "Xattr"
>         Include {
>                 Options {
>                     compression=GZIP
>                     xattrsupport = yes
>                 }
>                 File = /path_to_FIles
>         }
>         Exclude {
>         }
> }
>
> The backup and restore, works fine, but only one value is stored in
> the migrated file, while the original file contains three. I have
> checked that the restore fs have xattr support, but I have not found
> any reason for this behavior.
> Any idea?

For some reason you decided not to tell us any information on your
system, so I have to guess.

Debian had this bug [1] filed against 5.2.6 and included a patch which
appears to be extracted from this commit [2] to fix that "only the firs
xattr backed up" bug.

Viewing [3], you might also learn that the same problem has been
reported as Bacula bugs #1806 and #1811 (at least).

So my final guess is that you either should upgrade to 5.2.6 or backort
the fixes which apply to your OS and Bacula version or submit a new bug
report if none of the above applies.

1. http://bugs.debian.org/688732
2.
http://www.bacula.org/git/cgit.cgi/bacula/commit/?id=fd3a4425c1f9029afb9843b433e5f01098683303