Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Dealing with cleaning tapes

2013-01-29 08:23:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Dealing with cleaning tapes
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:20:56 +0100
Am 28.01.2013 20:35, schrieb Alan McKay:
> How do I deal with cleaning tapes in a jukebox?   I'd like the jukebox
> to know it is a cleaning tape, and ideally schedule regular cleanings.

I don't know about yours, but the autochangers I have seen can be
told, via their configuration interface, to handle cleaning tapes
all on their own. You reserve a certain slot for cleaning, load a
cleaning tape into it, and the autochanger automatically puts that
into the drive whenever the drive requests cleaning.

Bacula has nothing to do with all that, it just sees the
autochanger with one slot less because the reserved slot is
hidden from the host.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH