Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Should I upgrade my win FDs from 3.0.3 to 5.x?

2013-01-21 10:56:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Should I upgrade my win FDs from 3.0.3 to 5.x?
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:52:58 +0100
Zitat von Tamas Csillag <tamas.csillag AT gcd DOT ie>:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this was already asked, tried to do my homework by google and
> changelog but no joy.
>
> We're happily running Bacula on our Windows boxes, both 3.0.3 and 5.x
> versions.
> My question is, is there any reason to upgrade my 3.0.3 clients to 5.x?
> Any serious security bugfix, increased performance, possibility of
> dropping support for 3.x FDs in the future?

To my knowledge there are no security fixes which are client related.
The support on the public mailing list usually involves "get the
latest version first", but if you have paid support this doesn't
matter. You should decide if you need the new features and what the
costs/risks of updates are, to get the picture if the update is
needed. It might also be of help to browse the changelog for "windows"
key-word.

Regards

Andreas