Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] UbuntuRepositorie?

2013-01-15 09:13:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] UbuntuRepositorie?
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:10:18 +0100
On 15 January 2013 14:06, Sven Gehr <mailingliste AT dreampixel DOT de> wrote:
I use ubuntu server 12.04 LTS because of the long suport an here are
the version 5.2.5 available. For other linux-distros I found repos with
newer version:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dassit:/bacula/

Sorry, can't help for Ubuntu, but since is the first time I see this repository I would like to comment on the Fedora/RHEL packages.
In my opinion the SPEC file is really over-complicated and the changelog stops at 5.2.10.

Some pacakges are the same version of the packages already in the distribution:

Fedora 17/18/19 = 5.2.12
Fedora 16 = 5.0.3 (EOL in a month)
CentOS/RHEL 5 (epel)  = 2.4.4
CentOS/RHEL 6 (official) = 5.0.0

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).