Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HEADS UP: FreeBSD changes...

2013-01-08 18:41:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HEADS UP: FreeBSD changes...
From: Guido Falsi <mad AT madpilot DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:18:28 +0100
On 01/08/13 20:26, Dan Langille wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We have a change request for Bacula on FreeBSD:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/170882
>
> That is: all the Bacula stuff which normally fits in /usr/local/etc/
> into /usr/local/etc/bacula

This Looks like a good change to me. I already have many pieces of
bacula configuration in such a directory.

> On the first upgrade to this changed port, your stuff would break.  :)
> You'd need to move your configuration files.

Yes, users should be advised in advance. an UPDATING entry would be a
good idea.

Something like this, for example:

The location of bacula configuration files has been changed from
PREFIX/etc to PREFIX/etc/bacula.

After upgrading the port the following configuration files need to be
moved to this location by hand before restarting bacula:

(list with the files you state below)

Perhaps it can be made better, but the updating entry presumes basic
knowledge of the software and the system by the user, so something like
this should suffice.

> For bacula client, this is:
>
> etc/bconsole.conf.new
> etc/bacula-fd.conf.new
>
> For bacula server, this is:
>
> $ grep etc /var/db/pkg/bacula-server-5.2.12/+CONTENTS
> etc/bacula-barcodes.samples
> etc/bacula-sd.conf.new
> etc/bacula-dir.conf.new
>
> But, depending on the options selected, there might be a few more
> files.
>
> Discuss.  :)

As stated above I do like the idea.

--