Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole question

2012-12-11 10:13:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole question
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:10:07 +0100
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 06:59:44AM -0800, ccspro wrote:
> Yes reload also scans through the included config files from bacula-dir.conf
> I use them heavily in my environment.
>
> What a reload does not do is load any modifications of bacula-sd.conf or
> bacula-fd.conf you need to restart those daemons outside of bconsole.
> (bacula-sd/bacula-fd)
>
> I'm using 5.2.12 and it seems to be working fine, what are you changing that
> does not seem to reload? If its volume parameter changes or something that
> requires you to issue an update via bconsole that might be why your includes
> are not being reloaded.
>
> As for sending a signal to the daemon to issue a reload - not sure what is
> supported without checking the source code - but these signals may be
> specific to the OS kernel aka *BSD or other variants support different SIG's

Hi ccspro,

specifically I'm modifying an SQL query used in a debug copy job (see
my other posts about copy jobs suddenly not working anymore). Even
when I reload the config, the query still returns the old result, not
the one I'm expecting after the change.

All the best & thanks for your reply,

Uwe

> bconsole question
> Hi folks,
>
> does a "reload" issued to beconsole also reload included config files?
> Apparently in our setup (5.2.9 or .12), this does not seem to be the
> case. Is there a signal I can send to the director process to make it
> rescan an included config dir? We're using the statement
>
> < at > |"sh -c 'for f in /server/bacula/etc/configs/*.conf ; do echo < at >
> ${f} ;
> done'"
>
> from the example found in the manual.
>
> Thanks, Uwe

> |This was sent by ccspro AT hotmail DOT com via Backup Central.

NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA