Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bconsole question

2012-12-11 10:02:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] bconsole question
From: ccspro <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 06:59:44 -0800
Yes reload also scans through the included config files from bacula-dir.conf
I use them heavily in my environment.

What a reload does not do is load any modifications of bacula-sd.conf or
bacula-fd.conf you need to restart those daemons outside of bconsole.
(bacula-sd/bacula-fd)

I'm using 5.2.12 and it seems to be working fine, what are you changing that
does not seem to reload? If its volume parameter changes or something that
requires you to issue an update via bconsole that might be why your includes
are not being reloaded.

As for sending a signal to the daemon to issue a reload - not sure what is
supported without checking the source code - but these signals may be specific
to the OS kernel aka *BSD or other variants support different SIG's

bconsole question
Hi folks,

does a "reload" issued to beconsole also reload included config files?
Apparently in our setup (5.2.9 or .12), this does not seem to be the
case. Is there a signal I can send to the director process to make it
rescan an included config dir? We're using the statement

< at > |"sh -c 'for f in /server/bacula/etc/configs/*.conf ; do echo < at >
${f} ;
done'"

from the example found in the manual.

Thanks, Uwe