Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula cannot execute bconsole

2012-11-20 18:10:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula cannot execute bconsole
From: "Ryan Jantz" <rjantz AT scifit DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:06:54 -0600
Hello again. So I've been reading and learning (a little) about SELinux today, but I haven't made much progress. Setting selinux to permissive resolves the error. Selinux context on my /var/www/webacula is:
drwxr-xr-x.  apache apache  system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0

Entries in /var/log/messages are:
bconsole: bsock.c:135 Unable to connect to Director daemon on localhost:9101. ERR=Permission denied

My interpretation of that error is bconsole is not able to connect to bacula-dir, but I can manually start bconsole. It seems the problem is when apache or webacula tries to start bconsole

Selinux context on /usr/sbin/bacula-dir:
lrwxrwxrwx.  root root  unconfined_u:object_r:bin_t:s0

Selinux context on /usr/sbin/bconsole
-rwxr-x---.  root bacula  system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0

I'm not sure what permissions need to be modified. Any ideas?

Thanks