Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Copy job use multiple drives (and scheduling)?

2012-11-09 15:27:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Copy job use multiple drives (and scheduling)?
From: Chris Adams <cmadams AT hiwaay DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 14:23:31 -0600
I am setting up a disk-to-disk backup system with a weekly copy-to-tape
job (for offsite backups).  I have a couple of questions:

- I have a tape library with 2 drives.  Is there an easy way to get the
  copy job to use both?  I have set them up in an autochanger resource,
  but it looks like a single job will still only use one drive.  I'm
  selecting what to copy to tape with "Selection Type = Pool Uncopied
  Jobs".

- With a single drive, it'll take a long time to copy from disk to tape
  (I'm estimating 20 hours), and that means that the copy job probably
  won't finish before the next night's incremental jobs are supposed to
  start.  If I understand the job scheduling correctly, Bacula won't
  start the new backup jobs until the (lower priority) copy job
  finishes.

  I don't normally want to run different priorities simultaneously (for
  example, I've got end-of-the-night's-jobs at a low priority), but I'd
  like for the copy to continue but let nightly disk-to-disk jobs run
  (the disk storage should have plenty of I/O capacity).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams AT hiwaay DOT net>