Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Priority Problem / Question

2012-11-06 08:54:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Priority Problem / Question
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 14:49:28 +0100
Hi folks,

I'm having a problem understanding job priorities. We don't allow
mixed jobs to run concurrently, so based on that I've set up my
catalog backup at the lowest priority (25) while regular backups run
at 10, some at prio 15 to assure the catalog backup won't start before
all regular backups are finished.

This works ok on the end of the backup run, but as our database is
quite large (170GB), the backup job itself can run well into the
incrementals start time (usually 17.00), and here's the problem:

Instead of waiting for the backupcatalog job to finish, bacula (5.2.12
compiled from source on centos 6) happily fires off the prio 10 level
incrementals.

As we shut down the mysql database for the duration of the backup (via
runbeforejob), this of course leads to havoc with bacula being unable
to select / insert stuff from and into the database resulting in all
backup jobs to fail ungracefully.

Question: Shouldn't bacula wait for the prio25 job to finish before
firing off the prio10 incrementals when mixed prio runs are not
allowed?

All the best & thanks in advance for your comments,

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA