Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Query regarding Bacula

2012-10-19 05:46:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Query regarding Bacula
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:20:04 +0200
Hello,

2012/10/19 <lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de>
> The same for Director. It uses one thread per JOB so managing a 1000
> concurrent jobs leads to at least 1000 threads to manage by OS.

What about SD -> Director? Does this also mean we have 1000
connections to the database?

To be precise. Every job on Director side has its own thread which control a whole backup process + one additional thread (I forgot about it) for SD->DIR logical communication message channel providing a catalog service to the SD (including inserting the attributes into catalog). Every JOB has its own connection to the database.

To summarize: every concurrent job on Director side require 2 threads + 1 connection to the catalog.

Best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net