Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole not displaying all jobs

2012-08-22 16:29:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole not displaying all jobs
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:25:43 -0400
From: Eric Sisolak <haldir.junk AT gmail DOT com<mailto:haldir.junk AT gmail
DOT com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:50 PM
To: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov<mailto:clarkpa AT ornl DOT
gov>>

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Clark, Patricia A. <clarkpa AT ornl DOT
gov<mailto:clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>> wrote:
Both bat and bconsole failed to display certain jobs in the jobs run list.
 The bconsole command is "list jobs".  I've since canceled the jobs and
restarted bat and the canceled jobs are listed.

Patti

I noticed that on Bacula 5.0 running jobs were listed first in the list jobs
output which depending on the number of results may be easy to miss....

---Eric

The default is JobID in descending sort order on the bat.  It can be re-sorted
by any of the columns.
The default is start time, jobid in ascending sort order for bconsole's 'list
jobs' command.
The jobs in question simply did not display, their IDs were skipped and not
listed elsewhere.  There was probably some type of miscommunique/cache between
the various processes.  Restarting both bconsole and bat re-established the
connection, cleared any cache, and the correct data was displayed.

Patti