Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Slow backup.

2012-08-11 18:29:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] Slow backup.
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 01:26:20 +0300
I started two backups maybe 12 hours ago. Normally full backups run 1-2
h max, but this suddenly...

From database I see no locks, but they geep inserting to batch -table.

I have 12 gigabytes RAM, and given couple gigs to MySQL too. Database
should not be bottle neck.

How can it be so slow. Two backups running, 1st is a Pentium IV machine
with a 80 Gbyte disk, maybe 10 Gbytes used. Has last 12 hours now doing
batch inserts.

Another machine is this 12 GiB Core i7 machine, with 500 GiB disk to
backup up. Maybe half of it used.

Strange. I have used Bacula looong times, since 1.x something. I have
never liked batch inserts, they used to be slow on my earlier low end
machiens. Now I have better machines and running pre compiled bacula
from ubuntu repos.

--

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you
nothing.  It was here first.