Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Same Bacula SD on Multiple Networks (VLANs)

2012-05-30 14:20:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Same Bacula SD on Multiple Networks (VLANs)
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:17:34 -0300
Hello Josh.

Have you tried restricting the number of concurrent jobs in the device
definition in bacula-sd, as opposed to elsewhere? for example:

Yes, it already is set to only 1 concurrent Job in bacula-sd.conf, but the problem is that, in my SD server, I have multiple IP address on multiple different VLANs. And in Bacula, one Storage definition can only have one IP address, so I had to create different Storage definition, one for each VLAN, but all pointing to the same Device in bacula-sd.conf. Although Bacula thinks I have several SD, each one with 1 concurrent Job max, in the end, there is only one Device in bacula-sd limiting to run only one Job at a time.

That works great, but my problem is another: when a Job gets upgraded from Inc to Full (because is a new client config in bacula-dir.conf), the Director use the wrong Storage to write to the Full pool.

In short: I have the options "Full Pool" and "Incremental Pool" in the Job, but I don't have a "Full Storage" and "Incremental Storage" to tell Bacula to also change the Storage when the Job is upgraded from Inc to Full...

I guess is really hard to understand my problem, but I'll post a summary of my Bacula configs to try to clarify. But thank you very much for your help.