Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] PowerVault 124T Bacula Auto cleaning

2012-05-30 08:55:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] PowerVault 124T Bacula Auto cleaning
From: "Bertrand, Guy" <Guy.Bertrand AT banctec DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:51:54 +0000
Jérémy,

You can put your Dell 124T on your network and then HTTP to it.  You will get a
menu that will let you do many operations directly with the tape drive.  Or use
the front panel of your tape drive.  Following the Dell owner's manual for
instructions.  Cleaning tapes is not a Bacula function (correct me anybody...).

Once your cleaning is done, do not use the front panel or HTTP menu for
anything else, especially if you have an autoloader.  (Again somebody correct
me if I am wrong) , but Bacula keeps information about which tape is in what
slot, and if you use the front panel or the HTTP menu to move tapes around,
that information is not getting back to Bacula...  If a tape is in the wrong
place, Bacula should read the header info on the tape, decide that it is not
the right one, and prompt you to find it  ( I think...I'm still learning Bacula)

Regards,

Guy