Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: SD Bug "User specified spool size reached"

2012-05-29 04:21:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: SD Bug "User specified spool size reached"
From: Sean Cardus <scardus AT zebrahosts DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:19:11 +0100
> > I would be interested in seeing why jobs are crashing and possibly
> > submit bug reports for that. I have run 30 thousand or so jobs at work
> > and I do not see very many job crashes.
>
> That one is easy, and not very interesting actually. The two most
> frequent causes are:
> a) network outages (we do some backups over WAN VPN connections)
> b) clients crashing during backup, either coincidentally or because the
> additional load from the backup pushes an already flakey machine over
> the brink.

Same here - I tend to see the occasional backup timeout waiting for the FD in
mid-job, for example when a client suddenly gets overloaded.  Afterwards, there
are no orphaned spool files.  None of the jobs fail due to a Bacula bug as far
as I can see, it's always a client-side issue.  A job failing due to a timeout
shouldn't reduce the total usable SD spool space though :)

Sean