Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] use the same spool file for two time recording

2012-05-25 18:17:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] use the same spool file for two time recording
From: "Satmarean, Mihai" <mihai.satmarean AT trixter DOT de>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 00:14:52 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
Thanks for answering,

seems that bacula does not restore directly from a Copy job,
is there a more usable way to have two copies in one job?

"The Copy process is essentially identical to the Migration feature with the
exception that the Job that is copied is left unchanged. This essentially
creates two identical copies of the same backup. However, the copy is treated
as a copy rather than a backup job, and hence is not directly available for
restore. If bacula founds a copy when a job record is purged (deleted) from the
catalog, it will promote the copy as real backup and will make it available for
automatic restore. "
>>From bacula docs

Thanks!