Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Partial FileSet encryption

2012-05-24 21:29:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Partial FileSet encryption
From: Alex Lucas <alexander.lucas AT tlscontact DOT com>
To: Bryan Harris <bryanlharris AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 09:26:43 +0800
On 24/05/12 20:15, Bryan Harris wrote:
On May 24, 2012, at 2:13 AM, Alex Lucas wrote:

Greetings,

The docs seem to be conflicting about data encryption with Bacula.

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0018130000000000000000
Here there is a mention that it should be possible to encrypt at the
FileSet level (allowing one to choose what to encrypt and what not to).

While here
(http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Data_Encryption.html)
it seems to be on a client (FD) level, i.e. "all or nothing".

Please clarify.
Is it possible they are talking about an upcoming feature or maybe in the enterprise edition or undocumented?
Perhaps, I somehow remember reading about this issue on a third party website but cannot find the article anymore.

I can't find the word "encryption" on the Configuring_Director.html page anywhere but in one place.  However, I look all through the FileSet options and don't see anything about encryption.
Yes, exactly.
"The FileSet Resource
The FileSet resource defines what files are to be included or excluded in a backup job............ various backup options such as compression, encryption, and signatures that are to be applied to each file."
Compression -- true, but as for encryption.....