Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migration Job Questions

2012-05-24 08:17:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migration Job Questions
From: Rene Moser <rene.moser AT adfinis-sygroup DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:50:14 +0200
Hi

We are backing up clients to disk and migrate the jobs later to tape. So
we defined a migration job.

The backup jobs named *.stage". And I defined in job resource

Selection Type = Job
Selection Pattern = ".*\.stage

But this seems to try migrate already migrated jobs too.

So I looked into the man pages and saw

PoolUncopiedJobs

which is what I would like to use, but for migration jobs, which does
not exist (yet?).

However, I know this could be solved using an SQL Query to specify also
"from pool", but it seems there is no huge benefit using migration jobs.
The only benefit I see is the size of the records in catalogue. Right?

Should I move to copy job?

Thanks for your comments.

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG - Be smart. Think Open Source.
René Moser, Senior System Engineer