Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple Devices

2012-05-18 03:24:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple Devices
From: Christian Reiss <creiss AT power-netz DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 09:21:34 +0200
On 16/05/12 15:23, Christian Reiss wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> Long time Bacula User here, pure bliss. So far I "only" backed up my
> personal servers and machines at home, but right now I am trying to
> backup our company servers (300+).
>
> I wrote scripts to add the clients to the server - everything just works
> (tm).
>
> Just one thing. Simultaneous backups. And I know where its going down
> the drain. Some minor infor offhand:
>
> Every Server...
>
> - Should back up at 2 am in the morning,
> - With a full on sat 2 am,
> - max concurrent jobs is 10, so once a "slot" is freed, the next one
> jumps in,
> - Every Server has its own two pools: hostname-daily and hostname-weekly.
> - They are all backing up to our bacula-sd server.
>
> Config example for one server:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = server1-daily
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>   Use Volume Once = yes
>   Catalog Files = yes
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 15 days
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>   Label Format = server1-daily-
>   Maximum Volumes = 16
> }
>
> Pool {
>   Name = server1-weekly
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>   Use Volume Once = yes
>   Catalog Files = yes
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 15 days
>   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
>   Label Format = server2-weekly-
>   Maximum Volumes = 4
> }
>
> Client {
>   Name = server1
>   Address = x.x.x.x
>   FDPort = 9102
>   Catalog = MySQL
>   Password = "..."
> }
>
> Job {
>   Name            = "Backup Host: server1"
>   client          = "server1-fd"
>   type            = backup
>   messages        = Standard
>   storage         = bacula-sd
>   pool            = server1-daily
>   Level           = Incremental
>   FileSet         = "linuxserver"
>   Schedule        = "server1"
>   Write Bootstrap = "/backup/bootstraps/server1.bsr"
>   Priority        = 25
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "server1"
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=server1-daily on SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI
> at 02:00
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=server2-weekly on SAT at 2:00
> }
>

> Storage Config:
>
> Storage {
>   Name = bacula-sd
> [...]

Hey folks!

I fixed this by creating a "cloned" storage-d and a cloned Device for
every client. Now it kind of works!

Just one question:
A restore is always waiting for higher priority jobs to finnish. My jobs
-even the restore jobs- have undefined priority, which means that by
default it should be 10.

What magic do I need to work so that restores and backups can coexist?

Cheers,
Christian.