Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum LTO-5 SAS (LSI)

2012-05-11 10:55:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum LTO-5 SAS (LSI)
From: Robert Moggach <rob AT dashing DOT tv>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:53:27 -0500
I apologize. My English is absolutely appalling.
I thought I was reasonably succinct but I'm still learning how to communicate
in a way that doesn't offend even myself.

>>> Can anyone help with a working Storage and Device config?

To be clearer:

bacula-sd:
Device {
  Name = LTO5
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Device Type = Tape
  Media Type = LTO-5
  LabelMedia = yes
  Random Access = no
  AutomaticMount = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  LabelMedia = yes
  Maximum File Size = 5G
}

bacula-dir:
Storage {
  Name = LTO5
  Address = snoopy.google.net
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = l1nkslapd
  Device = LTO5
  Media Type = LTO-5
  Autochanger = no
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
}

With this config I can run all tests from the documentation correctly and btape
works
but when trying to mount or label new tapes, it hangs with no feedback.

CentOS 6.2
Bacula 5.2.6
Quantum HH LTO-5 via LSI SAS HBA

I'm sure it's an issue I can troubleshoot but if someone has experience with
the device and there's a known gotcha that can help, I'd love to know.
That's all.
Given the replies I assume there are alot of noob questions on this list and
given the number of questions about compiling, installing, etc. it's probably
a valid observation. I'll look elsewhere for a solution.