Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Creating "archival" backup

2012-05-09 12:15:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Creating "archival" backup
From: Gour <gour AT atmarama DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:13:34 +0200
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 14:20:23 +0100
Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net> wrote:

> You can simply set the archived volumes to status "archive" (update
> voluume in bconsole).

Excuse me for jumping a bit late into the thread, but we're back to
Bacula after using Amanda for some time...

Our use case is the following: we have lot of scanned (35mm) slides as
well as our  old Hi-8 movie collection which should be put onto tapes
and keep as 'archival backup' and only extract/restore from the archive
when we want to use some of the material in some multimedia project.

In the past I did archive of this material, but then, due to retention,
the jobs were removed so we had to bscan everything.

The above solution sounds good, but I'd like to hear some more info
and/or to be given some pointer in the docs explaining 'archive' status?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Before giving up this present body, if one is able to tolerate
the urges of the material senses and check the force of desire and