Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring Bacula-SNMP subagent

2012-04-28 16:41:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuring Bacula-SNMP subagent
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:38:42 +0200
Hi,

2012/4/27 Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>:
>> I'm getting an error that says the following (which I translate to
>> "Hey user, I didn't read my config")

Thanks Martin!

> Get rid of all of the comments, quotes and whitespace from the config file.
> See
>
> http://rout-tpl.no-ip.biz/wiki/index.php?title=Bacula_snmp&redirect=no

My perl-speaking friend came up with the same advice.
I also found bacula-snmp chocked on some "extra" fields of the media status.
We might make a patch for that.

By the way - Do you have any idea why so few people use this?
Because, in theory this is the best way reporting could be and I would
feel a little less out of place with the rest of humanity if I
understood why not everything is using this to automate their
reporting :)

I've also used bweb and bacula-web in earlier days, but SNMP feels
more natural to me than "human looking at things"

Greetings,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and