Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Configuring Bacula-SNMP subagent

2012-04-26 17:13:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Configuring Bacula-SNMP subagent
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:10:41 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying to make the snmp subagent from
http://www.bayour.com/Softwares/bacula-snmp/ work.
If I get it to work I could write a small tiny Nagios Check for it
like the already included Cacti template.

This works by connecting to the bacula database using Perl DBD:MySQL
which I installed.
I'm getting an error that says the following (which I translate to
"Hey user, I didn't read my config")

[root@waxu0604 bacula-snmp-1.4]# ./bacula-snmp-stats.pl
./bacula-snmp-stats.pl line 352.
./bacula-snmp-stats.pl line 352.
./bacula-snmp-stats.pl line 352.
Can't connect to data source database=:host=, no database driver
specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at ./bacula-snmp-stats.pl line
358

This is the config file in /etc/bacula
[root@waxu0604 bacula]# cat .conn_details
#   Optional arguments
#       DEBUG=4
#       DEBUG_FILE=/var/log/bacula-snmp-stats.log
#       IGNORE_INDEX=1
#
#   Required options
# Create different user for this reporter!
       USERNAME="baculadir"
       PASSWORD="changed"
       DB=bacula
       HOST="127.0.0.1"
       CATALOG=MyCatalog

The connect string just must be wrong, on the other hand it really
seems to just not read anything at all.

Does any of you have it working?
Can you let me know if that config looks right?

Greetings,
Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and