Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] parallelizing jobs

2012-04-05 15:18:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] parallelizing jobs
From: mark.bergman AT uphs.upenn DOT edu
To: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:16:40 -0400
In the message dated: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:18:22 +0200,
The pithy ruminations from Wolfgang Denk on
<[Bacula-users] parallelizing jobs> were:
=>
=> Hi,
=>
=> I wonder why I see situations that a client is waiting for another job
=> to complete, that is only despooling, i. e. that does not block any
=> resources on the client:

This has been discussed several times. Check the list archives for "concurrent
spooling":

        https://www.google.com/search?q=bacula+mailing+list+concurrent+spooling

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a solution.

Mark

=>
=>  53100 Increme  <job 1> SD despooling Data
=>  53101 Increme  <job 2> is waiting on max Client jobs
=>
=> This is with bacula 5.0.3 as distributed with Fedora 15.
=>
=> Settings:
=>
=> - in FD and SD:      Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
=> - in Job:       Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 6
=> - in Client:    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
=>
=> I am aware that I'm limiting the number of jobs on the client to 1,
=> and this is intentional.  But the "SD despooling Data" is something
=> that involves the DIR and the SD only, so it should not block the
=> client from starting the next backup job.
=>
=> Seems I'm missing something here.  Any ideas are highly welcome.
=>
=> Thanks in advance.
=>
=>
=> Best regards,
=>
=> Wolfgang Denk
=>
=> --
=> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
=> HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
=> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
=> Severe culture shock results when experts from another protocol suite
=> [...] try to read OSI documents. The term "osified" is used to  refer
=> to  such  documents. [...] Any relationship to the word "ossified" is
=> purely intentional.                                - Marshall T. Rose
=>
=>
=>