Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] parallelizing jobs

2012-04-05 08:20:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] parallelizing jobs
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:18:22 +0200
Hi,

I wonder why I see situations that a client is waiting for another job
to complete, that is only despooling, i. e. that does not block any
resources on the client:

 53100 Increme  <job 1> SD despooling Data
 53101 Increme  <job 2> is waiting on max Client jobs

This is with bacula 5.0.3 as distributed with Fedora 15.

Settings:

- in FD and SD: Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
- in Job:       Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 6
- in Client:    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1

I am aware that I'm limiting the number of jobs on the client to 1,
and this is intentional.  But the "SD despooling Data" is something
that involves the DIR and the SD only, so it should not block the
client from starting the next backup job.

Seems I'm missing something here.  Any ideas are highly welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
Severe culture shock results when experts from another protocol suite
[...] try to read OSI documents. The term "osified" is used to  refer
to  such  documents. [...] Any relationship to the word "ossified" is
purely intentional.                                - Marshall T. Rose