Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Delete old Volumes for Filebackup

2011-12-24 23:42:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Delete old Volumes for Filebackup
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: "Robert Heinzmann (reg)" <reg AT elconas DOT de>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 22:40:13 -0600
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Robert Heinzmann (reg) <reg AT elconas DOT de> wrote:
Hello Bacula users,

I use s3fs backend with local cache for Amazon Backup for Bacula. Bacula
is configured to automatically label volumes and to use each volume for
a single job only (and to limit the size of the files to 5 GB).

Generation of Backups is great, but more and more Volumes are created.
How can I purge / delete volumes via Bacula to delete the files on the
s3fs ?

I use the attached perl script that I found on the list a couple of years ago. I run it from root's crontab nightly. This script assumes that volumes end up in the scratch pool once they're recycled. You'll also need to edit the variables at the top of the script to point to where your volumes are stored. Here is one of my pool definitions that shows the volumes going to the scratch pool when recycled.

Pool {
  Name = Inc-Pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no
  Recycle Oldest Volume = no
  Recycle Current Volume = no
  RecyclePool = Scratch
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 14 days
  Volume Use Duration = 23 hours
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  LabelFormat = "${Client}_${Job}_${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}_${Hour:p/2/0/r}:${Minute:p/2/0/r}:${Second:p/2/0/r}_${Level}"
}

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe