Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] catalog pg_dump fails after 5.2.2 upgrade

2011-12-23 17:23:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] catalog pg_dump fails after 5.2.2 upgrade
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: David Newman <dnewman AT networktest DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:21:49 -0500
On Dec 20, 2011, at 1:19 PM, David Newman wrote:

> bacula 5.2.2, FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE
>
> After upgrading bacula-server from 5.0.3 to 5.2.2 using FreeBSD ports
> and updating the (PostgreSQL) bacula database, all jobs run fine except
> for the final one on the bacula server, the one that dumps the catalog
> before making a backup.
>
> The error looks like this:
>
> 20-Dec 00:08 nye-dir JobId 8183: shell command: run BeforeJob
> "/home/bacula/bin/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula"
> 20-Dec 00:08 nye-dir JobId 8183: BeforeJob: pg_dump: SQL command failed
> 20-Dec 00:08 nye-dir JobId 8183: BeforeJob: pg_dump: Error message from
> server: ERROR:  permission denied for relation restore object

This is the key line.  The PostgresSQL user, with which the script is
connecting to
the database, does not have correct permissions on that table.

> 20-Dec 00:08 nye-dir JobId 8183: BeforeJob: pg_dump: The command was:
> LOCK TABLE public.restoreobject IN ACCESS SHARE MODE
> 20-Dec 00:08 nye-dir JobId 8183: Error: Runscript: BeforeJob returned
> non-zero status=1. ERR=Child exited with code 1
>
> Running the same command manually as user pgsql also fails with the same
> permission denied error.

If you connect to
the database using psql, you'll see something like this (I did the version
table)

bacula=# \dp version
                              Access privileges
 Schema |  Name   | Type  |   Access privileges   | Column access privileges
 public | version | table | bacula=arwdDxt/bacula |
                          : dan=arwdDxt/bacula
(1 row)

bacula=#

You need to grant permissions on the table appropriately.  These commands
may be in the upgrade script… or you'll have to do them yourself.  Now that the
issue is known, others may be able to help.

Dan Langille - http://langille.org