Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore with data encryption?

2011-12-20 10:20:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore with data encryption?
From: Oliver Hoffmann <oh AT dom DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:18:02 +0100
> Am Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:14:15 +0100 schrieb Oliver Hoffmann:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I do backups with data encryption. Backups as well as restores on
> > the clients work without problems.
> > Now I want to be able to do restores with the server (or another
> > one) only. The doc says that adding the following line would be
> > enough.
> >
> > PKI Keypair = "/etc/bacula/keys/master.keypair"
> >
> > So my working bacula-fd.conf on the server looks like this (just
> > the PKI part):
> >
> > PKI Signatures = Yes PKI Encryption = Yes PKI Keypair =
> > "/etc/bacula/keys/server-fd.pem"
> > PKI Master Key = "/etc/bacula/keys/master.cert"
> >
> > Next I replaced server-fd.pem with master.keypair like mentioned in
> > the doc. I made the master.keypair accordingly.
> > That doesn't work. Neither putting the client-fd.pem in place.
> >
> > I got this error:
> >
> > Error: restore.c:944 Missing cryptographic signature for
> > /path/to/my/file
> >

> I had problems restoring files from an encrypted backup if "Replace:
> always" was not selected on the restore job.
>
> But I do not remember the exact error message.
>
> - Thomas

Thanx for your reply. All my attempts had "Replace: always", because
it is default. The only way that works still is to have a file restored
on (and with) the client.
If I change from PKI Keypair = "/etc/bacula/keys/server-fd.pem" to PKI
Keypair = "/etc/bacula/keys/master.keypair" and do a restart of the FD,
I get:

Failed to load private key for File daemon "server-fd"
in /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf.

Oliver