Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to get notified about non-fatal errors

2011-12-20 05:10:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to get notified about non-fatal errors
From: Mario Moder <lists AT demaio DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:09:04 +0100
Am 19.12.2011 15:33, schrieb Machiel van Veen:

> I use Procmail for this myself, it works perfectly, only mailing me relevant
> messages. Bacula sends the messages to bacula@localhost then forward any
> error/warning messages. I am
> using Postfix as a mail server.

Hi Machiel

Thank you very much! Procmail... Nice solution.

Although I wrote in another mail to Oliver that I think that
warnings/non-fatal errors should be "configureable" in the messages
resource, your solution solves another problem for me:

Have all mail-logs in a mailbox on the backup server (for reference) and
send mail to my daily mailbox only in some situations. Works totally
independent from Bacula ;-)

I somehow feel the power of modularity again!

Mario