Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to get notified about non-fatal errors

2011-12-19 06:22:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to get notified about non-fatal errors
From: Mario Moder <lists AT demaio DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:01:59 +0100
Hi

Looking through the docs and searching the mailing list, I haven't found
a solution to my problem yet:

A windows backup job is terminating normally, sometimes with a non-fatal
error:

Error: Read error on file d:/Backup/backup_201112190102.bak. ERR=Nicht
gen\374gend Systemressourcen, um den angeforderten Dienst auszuf\374hren

(FYI: I haven't found the cause for this yet, but it doesn't really
matter with regard to Bacula, see below)

I get a notification mail about this job because of a Messages resource:

mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) %r\"
-s \"Bacula: %t %e of %n %l\" %r"

The problem is that the subject line for this says:

Bacula: Backup OK of reha11-dbbak-job Full

Buried in the body of the mail there is the error mentioned above and in
the summary:

Non-fatal FD errors:    2
SD Errors:              0
FD termination status:  OK
SD termination status:  OK
Termination:            Backup OK -- with warnings

How do I get this termination code (or some other form of warning) in
the subject line of the mail? Or how do I get the job to fail? I need
the file from the non-fatal error be backuped or at least be loudly
warned if it isn't fully backuped...

Thanks

Mario

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011