Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] incremental backups and directory attributes

2011-12-15 06:07:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] incremental backups and directory attributes
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Vladimir Vassiliev <vova AT edu.yar DOT ru>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:04:59 +0400
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:22:41 +0400
Vladimir Vassiliev <vova AT edu.yar DOT ru> wrote:

> If I restore only files from one certain incremental job, attributes
> of some directories are wrongly restored, as I understand it's
> because of these directories was not backed up in this job but only
> files somewhere in depth, so bacula can't restore these attributes
> only from this job. Is it right? If so, is there any way to configure
> incremental (and differential) jobs to save attributes of all
> directories in path to file (even if bacula wouldn't backup directory
> itself)?
You did not specify which type of filesystem has been backed up, which
type of filesystem receives the restored files, what precisely do you
call "atttributes", what version of software was used to back up the
files and and to restore them and what method was used to do so.
The configuration snippet of the related FileSet is also missing.
Pretty long list, it turns out.