Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] permanent backup

2011-12-14 06:35:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] permanent backup
From: "Steven Geerts" <steven.geerts AT softathome DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:19:34 +0100 (CET)
Hi

I want to know what the best way is for creating a permanent backup to
tape.  I need to create a backup on tape of certain files(a HP 1/8 G2 Tape
Autoloader) and I should keep them at least 2-3 years..  I also need to
have a  failover in case my DB is gone.  Currently I?m still using bacula
2.4.4 on debian.  Can anybody describe what the best way is to create this
archive, best practices,. ??

Thanks

Steven

This message and any attachments herein are confidential, intended solely for
the addressees and are SoftAtHome's ownership. Any unauthorized use or
dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this
message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.