Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup jobs without a pool (nreserve)

2011-12-08 04:39:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup jobs without a pool (nreserve)
From: "Peter van der Meulen" <Peter.van.der.Meulen AT rtl DOT nl>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:37:30 +0100
Hello all,

I found a workaround for my problem I asked the list about earlier. I
created another Pool and moved the volumes from the faulty Pool to the
new one. I reconfigured the jobs to write to the new Pool and restarted
the Storage daemon.
I'm not sure what this does to my backuphistory, so the next couple of
days I will be scheduling all full backups to make sure i'm safe. At
least the backups are working again.

Best regards,
Peter van der Meulen

========================

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and have searched other resources before turning to
you. I'm experiencing the bug described in bug 00001578, except I'm
(still) using version Bacula 2.0.3., running on RHEL 5.4 (i386).

I went through the bugreport (http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1578)
and had to conclude that I caused this myself: starting to many full
backupjobs at once. And now this blocking the newly scheduled jobs.

I found the bugfix (bug-1578.patch) and was wondering if this will work
on my older Bacula version and how do I apply such a fix?

Should there be another solution, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Peter van der Meulen
The Netherlands