Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recycling tape erase the label !

2011-12-06 15:04:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recycling tape erase the label !
From: David Vandergucht <dav.vdg AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 21:02:51 +0100
Hi Bruno.

Nope, i don't use this option. My bacula version is 5.0.3.

Is  ActionOnPurge=Truncate the default behavior ? i have no override
on this, so if it's default, it could be that.

I have several tape that are waiting for rotation because of the "bad
label" tape blocking issue, but the other seems to be not corrupted yet.
I guess, some of those tape should be reuse as well as soon the
situation is solved, but as i don't have any people working those day,
having the whole system blocked is a good opportunity to try solving
the problem correctly.

if i add ActionOnPurge=None on all my pool, will it propagate to my
"waiting to be recycle" volumes or will i have to do something special ?

How should i do a test run with that without waiting for the next
recycling problem, which can occurs in a month or so ?

Below is my pool conf file:

Pool {
         Name = AllIncrementals
         Label Format = "Incr"
         Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = yes
         AutoPrune = yes
         Storage = gozer-sd_on_Batcave
         Volume Retention = 1 months
}

Pool {
         Name = AllDifferentials
         Label Format = "Diff"
         Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = yes
         AutoPrune = yes
         Storage = gozer-sd_on_Batcave
         Volume Retention = 1 months
}

Pool {
         Name = AllFulls
         Label Format = "Full"
         Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = yes
         AutoPrune = yes
         Storage = gozer-sd_on_Batcave
         Volume Retention = 2 months
         Maximum Volume Jobs = 2
}

Pool {
         Name = CatalogFulls
         Label Format = "Full"
         Cleaning Prefix = "CLN"
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = yes
         AutoPrune = yes
         Storage = gozer-sd_on_Batcave
         Volume Retention = 2 months
}

# Default pool definition
Pool {
         Name = Default
         Pool Type = Backup
         Recycle = yes                # Bacula can automatically
recycle Volumes
         AutoPrune = yes              # Prune expired volumes
         Volume Retention = 365 days  # one year
}

# Scratch pool definition
Pool {