Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] fstype=bind being ignored

2011-12-06 05:34:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] fstype=bind being ignored
From: Christoph Kluenter <ck AT iphh DOT net>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:17:59 +0100
* Am Thu, Jan 20 2011 at 11:21:30 +0000 , schrieb Martin Simmons:

> > After a short discussion on the channel, I was advised to create a
> > post here to see if there's help for that or if it's really a bug.
> >
> > I've got a machine that is using bind mounts. Despite the fact that
> > the fileset definition is using "onefs=no" and "fstype=ext3", the bind
> > mounts' content is saved which results in multiple saves of the same
> > content.
> >
> > I know I could simply add the relevant mount points on the exclude
> > list in the fileset, but I think it would make sense if this is
> > considered like other fstype configurations as well, since I don't
> > like to manually tweak the fileset on every possible change of the
> > bind mounts, and to keep the default fileset simple and generic.
> >
> > I've put some addional information on http://racoon.pastebin.com/r44RTxyP
> >
> > The bacula-fd has version 2.4.4 on opensuse 11.1 and the server is
> > running 5.0.3, on SLES 11.1
> >

> > Any hints appreciated.
>
> Bacula implements onefs by looking for changes in the stat.st_dev (Device)
> field and implements fstype by calling statfs.  Unfortunately, both of these
> return the values associated with the target directory for bind mounts, so the
> mount point looks like a normal directory to Bacula.
>
> You can see that by comparing the output printed by for / and /backup:
>
> stat / /backup
> stat -f / /backup
>
> I don't know if that counts as a bug or not.

I just hit this "bug". Since the clients bindmounts are quite volatile, it
would be hard to
generate a fileset. Any other ideas how to force bacula to ignore bindmounts ?

Cheers,
  Christoph

> __Martin

Christoph Kluenter                   E-Mail: support AT iphh DOT net
Technik                              Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10
IPHH Internet Port Hamburg GmbH      Fax: +49 (0)40 374919-29
Wendenstrasse 408                    AG Hamburg, HRB 76071
D-20537 Hamburg                      Geschaeftsfuehrung: Axel G. Kroeger