Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple spool files per job

2011-10-13 10:05:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple spool files per job
From: Marcello Romani <mromani AT ottotecnica DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:03:08 +0200
Il 13/10/2011 15:16, Alan Brown ha scritto:
> Marcello Romani wrote:
>
>> Hmmm... sounds like the perfect candidate for a paid enterprise
>> feature request. I belive the creators of Bacula would be happy to
>> hear from you.
>
> I looked into this earlier this year.
>
> Bacula Enterprise subscriptions are several _thousand_ euro per year,
> which is simply too much for us (and I daresay most academic sites).
>
> I'm not sure why Kern has priced this out of the reach of most
> organisations who'd be willing to pay 500-900 euro/year.

I've never looked closely at their pricing, since we're a small shop and
are doing reasonably well on our own so far, but if the prices are
all-or-nothing in the range of thousands of dollars per year, as you
write, then yes, I agree with you there's a gap in their support offering.

Or maybe there are other companies offering bacula support / consulting
which are able to fill this gap (as I'd expect with an opensource
enterprise-grade software)...

(ok I'll stop here since I've got nothing more to add than my own
speculations :-)

--
Marcello Romani